Is TranQool available in my province?
What if I don’t live in Canada?
At the moment TranQool is only available to Canadian residents. If you are a Canadian resident but are currently traveling outside of the country you can still use TranQool.
What if I can’t attend my session?
You have 24 hours to cancel or reschedule your session without any costs. If you can’t attend due to an emergency please email [email protected] and we can look into your case.
What if I come late?
As a user, you can join the session at anytime within the 50 minutes you have booked. The therapist will be there waiting for you.
What are the limits of confidentiality?
We transfer your basic information to your therapist. Your therapist will handle your personal health information and the session notes according to the regulations mandated by their college. This regulation mandates your information to be stored in a confidential manner. Nevertheless, your right to confidentiality is limited by law to ensure your safety under the following areas:
- If you disclose that you are in imminent danger of doing serious harm to either yourself or another person. In such cases, your provider is mandated legally to intervene.
- If you disclose that a person under 16 is being abused by yourself or another person, your therapist has to intervene.
- If your therapist or his/her record is subpoenaed by a court.
- If you disclose that you have been abused by another regulated health professional, your therapist is mandated to inform their regulatory body.
- If your therapist is audited by their College, they have to comply with that audit.
Your therapist will explain these limits of confidentiality according to their regulatory body.
How do I update my personal information ?
You can always update your information like your needs, email address, and your phone-number by going to your personal profile. Your account can be found on the top-right corner by clicking on the gear sign after you have logged-in.
What if I’m unhappy with my therapist after my session?
Just like in-person therapy, you have the choice of changing your therapist until you find one that you feel most comfortable with.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept most credit cards as a form of payment.
What can I do if my credit card is rejected?
Try another card to pay for the session. If the card does not work, you can consider calling your bank.
How can I get a refund?
If you are eligible for a refund, you will be refunded on the credit card with which you made the payment. Please review the cancellation/refund policy in our terms of service.
Is my credit card information secure?
The payment and processing of your credit card is through Stripe. We don’t access or store your payment information. You may review Stripe’s policy for more information.
How much do TranQool sessions cost?
$225 for psychologists, and $150 for social workers.
How is the practice management solution different from your video therapy business?
TranQool’s marketplace is where we refer clients to therapists who provide video therapy. The practice management solution is a software that you use with your existing clients from your private practice. This software reduces administrative costs and helps improve your conversion.
How much does it cost to use TranQool’s practice management software?
Using TranQool’s practice management solution does not have a monthly subscription and the pricing is really depends on your individual practice. If you’d like to get a call from us please fill this form.
Will I get referrals from TranQool?
The answer is yes, if you have a successful private practice. After a few months of using our practice management software you may chose to receive referrals from us as well. But our referrals can’t be your only source of clients.
How do I get paid?
TranQool’s on-boarding team will help connect your bank account to the software so your payments go directly to your bank account and you no longer have to pay for transaction fees for credit cards and e-transfers.
What are the technical requirements to use TranQool?
The following browsers can support TranQool video sessions:
For desktop browsers:
- Google Chrome (latest release version)
- Firefox (latest release version)
- Internet Explorer 10 – 11 with the OpenTok Plugin for Internet Explorer (not supported in 64-bit mode)
- Opera (latest release version)
- Currently, Safari is not a supported browser.
For mobile browsers:
- Google Chrome for Android (latest release version)
- Firefox for Android (latest release version)
- For desktop browsers:
What are the bandwidth requirements for a high quality connection?
Bandwidth requirements for :
- Video: 300 kbps per stream (recommended lowest level)
- Audio: 50 kbps per stream (recommended lowest level)